Cholesterol is a type of fat. Though your body produces cholesterol which it needs still your body get fats from the food you eat. The risk of having cholesterol increases with your age, activity you perform, diet and other factors. Having high cholesterol is an invitation for heart disease. In case if you have high level of low- density lipoprotein cholesterol then there are risk of heart attack and strokes. This low- density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL) is kind of bad cholesterol. This cholesterol can also give rise to other disorder like erectile dysfunction.
Following are the risk factors of high cholesterol:
Consuming saturated fat which is mostly found in animal products and trans fat which is found in cookies can increase the level of cholesterol in your body. Foods which have a level of fat in it such as red meat and dairy products also contribute to in high cholesterol.
The person whose body mass index is more than 30 is more likely to have high cholesterol. One of the concluded that 50% men having 40- inch waist are likely to have an problem. 30% of men who had lost the weight are likely to improve the quality of erection by 20%.
Lack of exercise:
Exercising on daily basis helps to increase the good and reduces the bad cholesterol in your body. Leading an inactive life is not going to make you lead long fulfilling life. Exercising regularly makes your body to be active as well as reduces the risk of cholesterol.
Smoking is dangerous for your overall health. Smoking also hurt your erection because it declines the amount of nitric oxide in the . It the blood circulation and increases the blood pressure due to which good cholesterols are reduced and increases the risk of cancer.
Diabetes is in blood sugar which also increases the LDL cholesterol and decreases HDL cholesterol.The lining of the arteries damage if your blood sugar increases.
Complications due to high cholesterol:
- Chest pain: if your coronary arteries are affected then you may have chest pain (angina) and many other symptoms which indicate that you have coronary heart disease.
- Heart attack: a blood clot may form due to which plaque tears or ruptures this creates the blocking of blood flow. If the blood flow is restricted to your heart then you may have a heart attack.
- Stroke: a stroke occurs if the blood flow is restricted to the part of the brain.
- Exercise regularly for 30minutes helps to reduce the fats in your body and helps to reduce the cholesterol.
- Alcohol should be consumed in moderation and smoke should be avoided.
- Intaking fats in the form of meat should be reduced so that no excess amount of fats is been imported in your body.
- Consume a low salt diet and include vegetables, fruits and whole grains in your diet.
- Lose your fat and maintain a healthy weight.